Wednesday 20 July 2011

Warm and Toasty Wednesday

Yes I am making a food diary on this blog too. Isn't my blog just great with its variety. Hahaha. (No I am not up myself)
Food Diary #1 Poached Eggs On Muffins.
http://weightloss.com.au/recipes/snack-recipes/crumpets-poached-egg-cheese-tomato.html
Yes I won't take any credit in recipes that weren't from me or my mum. Haha. So no I wasn't looking for something that will lose weight but something healthy. This site has other yummy things but I used this recipe for lunch. Except I had one wholemeal muffin so one egg on each half. Because honestly I am a growing teenager (cough, cough). Instead of muffin you can use crumpet which is what they suggested but I don't like crumpets so yeah. But they also suggested a muffin to but the recipe above uses a crumpet.
So look to that website for the recipe and above is mine. It could have done good with a little more cooking time but let me tell you the tomato was refreshing with it. Over the  holidays I have fallen in love with apple on my weetbix for breakfast and tomato and tuna.
Now with this here are my tips.
Tip 1. You don't need to put salt on the tomato as the cheese has enough salt in it anyway.
Tip 2. Have everything you need before you start so you aren't running around like a madman/woman.
Tip 3. Don't salt your water, put vinegar in water and let it simmer and when you crack egg in the pan use a spoon to swirl the water around the egg around so that it keeps its shape. I learnt this from mum and it works so does the vinegar.
Tip 4. If you want to go healthy like mwa. Low fat or reduced fat cheese, wholemeal crumpet or muffin, even better wholegrain muffin, a little bit of salt on the egg but really healthy goers just leave the salt up to the cheese.

Practice makes Perfect so why not start now...

1 comment: