Saturday 2 July 2011

Scrump-diddle-ee-ump-tious

These chocolate cupcakes have childhood written all over them. The best memory would be me licking the leftover mixture from the bowl. Yum. I  made these today and I am so nice to give you guys the recipe. I guarantee they are delicious.
Chocolate Velvet Cake
It was originally a cake recipe but can be made into muffins or cupcakes.

Ingredients
125g butter,chopped (make sure it can easily be beaten, so small cubes preferable)
1 cup(200g) firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup (110g) castor sugar
3 eggs
2 cups (300g) plain flour
1/2 cup cocoa. (haha, i put a little more, it was an accident I swear.)
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 cup (125ml) sour cream
2/3 (160ml) water

Combine all ingredients in medium bowl of electric mixer. I preheated my oven here on a moderate temperature I used 180 but it can be different depending on the oven. Beat on low speed until ingredients are combined. Then beat on medium speed  until  mixture is just smooth and changed in colour. Now you do not want to overbeat mixture. So if mixture has turned lighter and there are bits of yellow that is the butter that has mixed fully  because it was too hard but don't beat it again,  butter will melt in the oven. I assure you all will be okay as this happened to me and they still tasted lovely. Pour mixture into cupcake paper things. Put in the oven for twenty minutes, that is how long it took me and it suggests if it is a cake fifty minutes though do less so you can put it in for more without burning it. If it is a cake stand for five minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool.

During the process of waiting for the cupcakes to cook. There are two options. You can grab the bowl and lick the excess mixture whilst watching the cupcakes rise: kid style. Or...you can clean up: commando adult style. I took turns of both.

When cool enough you can make icing or not. I just used CSR chocolate icing sugar with half a tablespoon of  butter and a little hot water to mix. The easy way. Haha.

Serve with icing sugar or freshly whipped cream and strawberries.

Have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment