Wednesday 6 July 2011

Value 1. Honesty

'You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life'- Winston Churchill.

'If you shut up truth and bury it under the ground, it will but grow, and gather to itself such explosive power that the day it bursts through it will blow up everything in its way. '- Emile Zola


I really like these quotes. Its powerful but not in the way it motivates you it just resonates a strong voice, a person who is sure in himself. I believe every word. I'd rather be an honest person and tell someone those jeans don't look as good as you think then tell a billion lies just so they get hurt down the road by other people who are not respectful of them. I'd rather people do the same to me. I'd rather more people be honest than lie. I don't really care if people don't like me and my opinions because the people who value me and respect my opinions are always there instead.
I reckon honesty would have to be the number one rule in any relationship, romantic or friendship and if it doesn't exist neither does the relationship.
I am already an honest person but from this day on I am going to stop even the little white lies. Because I'd rather people come to me for the truth than something that may comfort them. Everyone does it though. Lying and maybe you guys should go on the bandwagon with me to never lie again.
When you become like this you really do find out who your true friends are.

1 comment:

  1. sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.
    but they do. oh they do. especially if it's the truth.
    hmmm :\

    ReplyDelete