Wednesday 15 June 2011

Turn Back The Clock

Don't you wish you were young.
I know I'm turning seventeen but I mean when life wasn't stressful and when everything wasn't up to you but to your parents.
Do you remember your mother walking down the hall in heels clacking away and anticipating the moment you were old enough to do that.
Do you remember the time you were on the swing wanting your dad to push you higher and higher, it was like he was magic making you soar and be one with the sky.
Do you remember how seven thirty was the time to go to bed and you would look out the window on daylight savings and watch every night the sun setting, how the pink misted with the orange...it was beautiful.
Do you remember making mud pies and getting dirty not having a care in the world what anybody would think.
Don't you wish you were young.
Do you remember you couldn't wait to grow up.
I do and now I wish I could turn back the clock, life and struggles and with new perspective appreciate my precious moments because swinging on a swing now doesn't feel the same it lacks that magic, high heels aren't what they seem to be, aching feet weren't what you thought back then
and every night you are holed up in your study always missing the sun set because your either too late or to busy on Facebook.
You can't play with mud because that is what a kid does and you always are caring what people are thinking of you.
All I want to do is Turn Back The Clock.
Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment