Thursday 30 June 2011

The Technosphere

I had some really cool pictures of the black out that happened at my place not too long ago, it was all dark (thanks captain obvious) and the only thing you could see was the candle's flame. They looked like they were floating. I complained about not being able to finish my homework, or have a shower as I needed the computer for the homework part, the shower in the dark would just be scary. I realised how much I relied  on technology.
I was so bored. I had no idea what to do and this made me imagine what it would be like for my  whole life to have no electricity  or anything that is a form of technology.
I kind of felt stupid because of my dependence on technology. Really it was just pathetic, I mean people in the past lived perfectly well without lights and technology, they had their recreation in different ways though I was stumped.
Today I was thinking about this matter as I was heating my hands and back where the stove was which made me remember that we stand along the ducted heating to get hot but at my grandparents place the little fireplace is where my mother and her family would have used to do the same thing.
Instead of a melways most use a GPS, instead of writing to someone or talking face to face, we have phones and social networks.
This is a good or bad thing. Good as the world is changing and we can't stop evolution in such things but bad when you just got owned by cavemen who would have been smarter than you in a black out.
It's kind of funny.
Well yeah that is my take. Write soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment