Monday 12 September 2011

Helpless

That is how i feel. Helpless when I see my friend put on a bravado face just for me, until I see a short glimpse of the hurt he carries. He won't talk about it but I know he is hurt. Helpless because I don't want to pressure him into telling me, yet too I know I don't like to tell anyone my truest feelings. What do I do?
Helpless is when I see a starving child on the television, knowing that my money can do only so much and that their isn't only one starving child but a lot.
Helpless that the person rotting sitting in her bed, glued to the laptop, won't get up to help herself. She stares bleary eyed at the screen, gazing at it like an addiction, honing into it for hope but it is just a screen. Her hope is her family that try to help but she won't take any of it, and each time she refuses, she digs down into the depths of gloom taking my father with her.
Then I feel a little angry because all he wants to do is see her lively and trying to help her but she ignores it and gets angry at him because she won't help herself. I just want to yell at her for what she is doing to him, each refusal makes him lash out like a ticking time bomb ready to explode any minute, anything can let him off. Then I'm angry at the family that bitches every time we get together because that is all they talk about.
But most of all I'm angry at myself for not having the guts to wake her up, and for feeling helpless.
Because that is what I am helpless.

It all started with do you remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment