Tuesday 23 August 2011

Bird Watcher


One, Two, Three, Four
Four birds pecking at my door.
Five, Six, Seven, Eight
They are circling high, flocking at my gate.

Different colours, varying shapes and sizes
as they fly around me my brain realizes
that this could all head for the south
as rumors could be spread by word of mouth.

My self-esteem once dwindled is now surprised,
that I have four healthy birds that I once despised.
As they group at my feet I come to wonder why?
Why are they trying to become my ally; or more,

As the peacock’s feathers are fanning in such an array,
As it struts its small feet when it parades
Right under my nose can’t it see
That I’m not one of those girls who are easily deceived.

Pink flamingo, tall and elegant
I once thought you were very arrogant.
As you strolled around under the sun
Feathers deepening one by one, and now you are fun.

As tall and handsome as one can be,
it is not enough to catch me
As you stick your ostrich head in the sand
You have the potential to move but waste it by lazing around.

The parrot that has a mouth for jokes,
Always seems to make me laugh at his pokes
But I can not just hide that there is history
And if I chose to pursue some won’t be pleased.

One, Two, Three, Four
I’m just a watcher and nothing more
Five, Six, Seven, Eight
I’ll lay around and until the time comes I’ll just wait.

It all started with do you remember,

No comments:

Post a Comment