Saturday 11 February 2012

Oh!

I've had many Oh! moments this week...these moments are different from my Ah! moments. Anyway Oh! moments occur when I realise something that I should've already known and just remembered or had just occurred to me.
From the smallest of things like wondering why I am actually enjoying my homework rather than stressing over it, like some people in my year level and then my brother yelled at me to be quiet because he was concentrating on his Maths. Lightbulb! I don't do Maths anymore. I dropped it for my last year of school because it was weighing me down, I dropped Indonesian for the same reason the year before last. It was just an unnecessary stress that didn't allow me to focus on my other subjects as much because my focus was to get a really good mark in this one subject that, lets be honest, I'm not good at. I'm shit at Maths and I can face that. If i try really hard I may succeed but never as much as I like. Anyway I realised I don't do Maths and therefore I don't have Maths homework...I knew something felt strange...
Another Oh! moment, a rather silly one I must shamefully admit but because I am so honest I will put it on here, that when I walk around the school, there are no 'bigger' kids because now we are Year 12, the last rod on the ladder of High School education. There was no one to look up to, we were looked up to.
Another Oh! moment was when I found it so easy to talk to the teachers, in Year 12 they respect the students much more because they know that what and how they teach is a great influence on students scores and that this year students actually want to really learn. It feels so different but a good different.
I have had many more Oh! moments but this one I just had today would have to be the most significant. For Media we have to produce a short film or something, I'm making a short film and well you need music for a short film so I was looking for music which then I can ask permission for. So browsing through the music I see a tab that says sad songs or something and I click into it, half-way during it my Oh! moment occurred. Now I don't know if you subscribers will understand but this past week I have been in the highest spirits I wondered aloud 'why the hell was I listening to sad songs' it had become such a habit, from my past moody days because nowadays I'm becoming more optimistic and taking life one step at a time. Good mindset for this year especially. So far it has worked well...and if I was my old cynical self I would have said 'Key words "So Far" but no instead I'm going to say this 'It should work out through the whole year but I will see where it takes me'.
Last was too dramatic for my liking, my moods were all over the place this year a much brighter, smilier me.
Thank-you very much.

Adieu.

It all started with do you remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment