Friday 22 June 2012

They should be knighted

Push. Out.
No movement. No Budge.
Keep pushing
Even with a rough nudge.

A jab here,
A punch there.
I try so hard
Yet they don't move anywhere.

Their roots so thick
Their bark so sweet
What is with them.
This must be deceit.

It can't be true.
An illusion? A delusion?
One eye open
But they have chosen;

To stay.
To Guard.
To keep peace
To protect the scarred.

Cold shivers seep through
Iron and Metal
Its much too fast
Much too soon.

It spreads like a disease
Black overwhelms
Darkness appears
Yet there is a cloud...

A break. A ray
Really? Could it be?
This saving...
It was done just for me?

No Trust
Heart Fight.
I close my eyes
With all my might

Help the beggar
Give some food and shelter
But shun the carer.
In the heat I'd rather swelter.

The hope is too much
Just a sparkle 
And it can crush
With that stake knife chortle

They show you the home
But outside you sleep
They cook enough food
But  all you get is a whiff and a peep.

Thunder crashes loud
The dark rumbles
It may seem bleak and harsh
But I've seen many fumbles

Sure they can guard.
But do they guard their word
Guard it like its precious
Guard it like it deserves

They are human after all
Don't expect anything from the unexpected
As they say they are unpredictable
Enigmatic and have infected

The poor soldiers
With kind words and false hope
The bleeding wounds
Must hop back on the boat.

I have shown you my wounds
That is all too see.
There is nothing left
Nothing left of me.
So whilst you can
Run. Run far away
Find another muse
That will make a more interesting day
Yet you stay
When I bid you leave
Yet you stay
And say you'll comfort me
Yet you all stay
When I throw knives
Yet you all stay
And help me survive.


It all started with do you remember

P.S Thank-you.



No comments:

Post a Comment