Tuesday 5 February 2013

Said the little Birdy

It's quite an ordinary day today, listen to channel V or Max, eat breakfast, do a little exercise, check my to do list and then I see it.  A dead bird. How did I know it was dead? Anyone can spot it, they all die the same and in the same position. Stiff, and the legs a little crooked, and the eyes look desolate, there is no life there anymore. If it weren't for my errand to water my dad's plants today I wouldn't have seen it. I stood stock still, unaware how much shock I received from this small sight. It isn't the first time I have seen this and maybe that is what it was, my mind replaying all the birds I tried to help during my childhood up to now, every single one dying on me cause they wouldn't feed or take the water I gave, even when i mashed up a worm or some grains for them. I kept them warm and yet they all had become what I saw now.
My day took a slight turn in events when I thought I'll get dressed and bury this little birdy. I didn't grow attached to this bird but I didn't want it to become cat food. I didn't know how it died, why didn't it fly to security. Either way without much thought in the process I got dressed silently, I got a box silently and I put it in the box and then dug silently. I just kept digging without much thought and then I put the box in the earth and covered it up with a couple of lasting pats and I walked back and started exercising again like nothing happened.
Is that what people do? They go through the processes that are necessary with no thought so it may be a little easier. That is what I figured, then I wondered about murderers, even serial killers is that how they act?
A life is a life isn't it? Wouldn't the process have more repercussions rather than a prison sentence in the end? They can't be that used to a process that seems unnatural. These were my little wonderings, said the little birdy.

It all started with do you remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment